On many occasions, I’ve heard people complain about an averagely cooked potato but what they fail to realize they are picking the wrong way to prepare. Some use a microwave, grill, toaster to bake but to get a perfect baked potato, use an oven. A convection oven can be recommended but it has to work at a reduced heat of 375°f. Baking with an oven is an easy kill without stress or pain. It gets your mes evenly done; no problem of unevenly cooked. You wouldn’t have to stay near heat unlike with the grill. The only safety measure involved is to wear a hand glove and a kitchen towel to retrieve potatoes when they are ready.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO BAKE IN AN OVEN
Russet potatoes (depends on quantity desired)
Salt(Kosher or any other seasoned salt) : as required
Vegetable oil : 1 1/2 tablespoon
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 50-55 minutes
Total time to be spent: 60 minutes
A fitting wire rack
Hand mixer (for toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 450°f.
- Grease rack with butter or oil to avoid the potato skin sticking to it after baking and place to the center of the oven.
- Wash potatoes carefully to remove dirts with a vegetable scrub and avoid bruises. Leave to dry then pierce with a fork or knife to prevent an explosion while baking.
- Dissolve a tablespoon of salt in a half cup of warm water and dump potatoes in the mixture to coat. Lay on the wire rack in the baking sheet, straight into the oven for 50 minutes.
- After about 25 minutes gone, turn over the potato to make evenly cooked. Retrieve from oven after 50 minutes or use a meat thermometer to check the insides to a 210°f and your potato is ready.
- For your toppings, draw an oval shape in its middle. Be careful not to cut through. Then push the potato shells backwards to make an opening.
- This is optional. Envelope your potato with your favorite toppings like cheese, milk, vegetables, etc and spice up with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then serve and enjoy your meal.
Tip: A foil is not needed to oven bake your potatoes. It leaves it soggy and takes longer time. Foils are only important to protect the potato skins from excess heat and that only happens when grill baking. You can use foils to keep the baked potatoes warm after cooking. The secret to every delicious perfectly baked potato in oven; with moderate heat to cover all sides.