Soya needs no introduction as there is no other legume is enriched in protein than it does. The best protein-rich content is soya chunks and it is very easy to cook with a great taste. It can be combined with any food item to make it protein rich without affecting its nature of taste. In this soya pulao recipe, soya granules and rice are sautéed in ghee with vegetables and spices. Then it is cooked like an ordinary pulao and thus making it a well-balanced meal in itself to eat tastily.
- ½ cup of grained rice
- ½ cup of soya chunks
- ¼ cup of chopped carrots
- ¼ cup of green peas
- ½ spoon of cumin seeds
- 1 small piece of bay leaf
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 2-3 pieces of cloves
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ spoon of turmeric powder
- 1¼ cups of water
- Salt as needed
- 1 spoon of oil or ghee
- 2 spoons of finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Rinse the rice for 2-3 times in water and soak it in water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse and soak soya chunks in a hot water for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, chunks will appear as double in size. Drain the water and again rinse it for about 3 minutes in fresh water to remove the raw smell.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan with a lid in a medium flame. Then add cumin seeds, bay leaf, peppercorns, cinnamon, and cloves. Add the sliced onion and green chili and then saute until the onion turns golden.
- Add finely chopped carrot and green peas and saute for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the soaked rice and then add it in a pan. Add drained soya and turmeric powder. Mix well and saute for 4 minutes in a medium flame.
- Add 1¼ cups of water and salt to get a great taste to bring it to a boiling state over a medium flame.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and cover the pan with a lid for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid until 1o minutes because the steam will escape and rice will not get cooked properly and also it will become sticky.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the flame and keep it in a hot stove-top for 8 minutes and then remove the lid and fluff the cooked rice with a spoon.
- Soya pulao with veggies is ready. Transfer soya pulao to a bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- You can also serve it with cucumber raita or plain yogurt as an alternative of rice with a well-balanced meal.
The bottom line
You can prepare this above recipe for your kids. Give this soya pulao in your kid’s lunch box as a stomach filling and healthy dish. You can prepare more soya pulao recipes by surfing online.