Raksha Bandhan means the bond of protection. Raksha Bandhan festival is also known as the Rakhi festival. On this occasional day sister ties a thread on her brother’s wrist, it is the simplification of love to brother and in turn, brother offers a special gift to their sister. It is the way the brothers vow to protect their sisters. This festival is celebrated all over the world. Sweets are the requisite part of any festival. Raksha Bandhan special sweet are made on an auspicious day as per the family tradition and tasty. Everybody wishes to celebrate Rakhi day to express their bond between brothers and sisters.
Celebrate the day with special mithai and make the moment a memorable one. On this auspicious day, begin your celebration by making KajuKatli. The taste of sweet is delicious and it melts in the mouth. Children’s most favorite sweets are kajuKatli. The sweets are made up of highly rich nutritious content such as almonds and cashews.
Ingredients required for KajuKatli
- 1 cups of powdered cashew nuts
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ½ cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- A shielding paper for decoration
How to makeKajuKatli
- Cut the two large square sheets of parchment. keep one sheet on a flat surface for pouring the burfi mix on the sheet. Sieve the powdered cashews to reduce the large pieces. Take the thick-bottomed wide mouthed pan and add the sugar and water. Allow the mixture to heat up on a medium flame. Now use the wooden soup for stirring the syrup.
- Now allow the syrup to melt and then syrup gets a thick consistency. If you drop the syrup it should fall in a long string-like fashion. At this stage mix the syrup consistency with powdered cashew. Sauté the mixture continuously and cook on a low flame until the content starts to leave the sides of the pan. Put on the ghee at this point and stir well.
- The mixture leaves a thin white layer on the surface of the pan, remove the pan from flame and pour immediately on the parchment paper and the fudges start to solidify. With the help of parchment papers, edges bring the fudge into a smooth dough ball. This process is carried out only when the fudges are hot.
- Place another parchment sheet over the fudge balls and press it down with a flat surface like a disc shape. Using the rolling pin roll out the fudges over the upper layer of parchment. Remove the upper layer sheet of parchment. Use a knife to cut the edges so that you can get a perfect diamond shape.
Allow it to cool for 5 minutes and now yummy KajuKatli is ready. Now store them in an airtight conditioner. Sprinkle the almonds and cashews over the KajuKatli. Decoration part makes the sweet eye catch. On this occasional day, RakshanBandhan sweets make the festival wonderful. Feed your brother with KajuKatli sweets and make him feel happy.