Cooking is really interesting when you get wild recipes in your mind. Hungarian beef goulash is one of the most popular dishes that have the magic of different tastes. It is one of the easiest recipes that can be cooked in bulk. No need to compromise on its taste and quality, as you can do magic in a large pot. Hence, beef goulash is meant to be the best choice for parties, dinners, and gatherings. Whenever you are required to cook in advance, then always switch to Hungarian beef goulash.
The taste is excellent as the main ingredient is beef. If you are a busy worker, you can cook beef goulash and store this dish in a fridge for 3-4 days. Many people have claimed that the dish tastes perfect on the 3rd day.
There are different versions of beef goulash. You can add your favourite ingredients to the recipe. This recipe was discovered in Hungary. Every street has the specialty of this dish. Mostly all recipes have common ingredients. Goulash is a type of dish that is much thicker in appearance. The stew or the soup is a mixture of healthy vegetables, beef stock or broth, and many more seasonings.
Ingredients for beef goulash
Here are certain vital ingredients that are used for cooking beef goulash.
- 4-5 quarts or 4-4.5 litters of goulash for 12-16 servings.
- 2kg beef shanks
- Three large red tomatoes
- One large carrot
- Five large onions
- 1-1.5 kg of potatoes
- Three green bell peppers
- One large root parsley
- 100g lard
- Three tablespoons of mustard
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
- Four tablespoons of soya sauce
- Two teaspoons of caraway seeds
- One to two teaspoons of dried marjoram
- Two teaspoons of black pepper
- Two teaspoons of normal salt
- One pint of beer
- Four teaspoons of sweet paprika
- Five cloves of garlic
- Six cups of beef stock or broth
- Chilli powder
Procedure to cook beef goulash
If you want to cook beef goulash, you need to know the steps well. Here are the steps to cook beef goulash:
- Step1 – chop the onions into small pieces and sauté then is a perfect amount of lard. Sauté the onions until it turns golden brown.
- Step2- cut the beef shank into small cubes and add all the seasonings and marinate the entire mixture.
- Step3- add the pieces of meat to the pot and braise it on low flame.
- Step4- Dice the potatoes. And cut the bell peppers into pieces. Then peel off the skin of the tomatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Step5- Once the beef gets cooked, add broth, beer, and veggies. And cover the lid for deep cooking. And check it after 10 minutes.
- Step6- Add pepper, salt, and chili to make it spicy. Then add crushed dried marjoram and cook the dish for more than 10 minutes.
- Step7- When cooked properly, serve it with sliced onions, chili flakes, and parsley leaves.